Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shame On Me

I hate to admit it, but I take a tiny bit of pleasure from the fact that my children can so easily frustrate their daddy. Especially, when it is the little princess that misbaves. And I get even greater pleasure when after she misbehaves, she wants her mommy or for whatever reason I'm the calming factor. I shouldn't be so hateful, and yet I am. Am I the only mommy like that? Please don't let me be the only one! I know why I enjoy it when our daughter misbehaves in front of her daddy, because for the most part he only sees her as angelic and the opposite is true for his opinion of her brother. So, when she is the drama queen that I know her to be, I'm glad he witnesses that occasionally. Of course she is angelic, both of my children are... when they're sleeping! Kidding, they are both the perfect mixture of sweet and sour, it just seems that some days they are short on the sweet, but for some reason they never seem to run low on the sour. Huh? I really hate that I take pleasure in my husband's moments of helplessness. I know it stems from my being the 24/7 care giver and getting frustrated at myself when I let the bad days get to me. But still, I shouldn't take pleasure in his pain. I shouldn't be reaffirmed that I'm doing an OK job just because I know my husband doesn't always see parenthood as sunshine and roses. I need to work on this. I also need to work on little miss princess. And the prince too. Maybe we're all crazy!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I know I have felt the same way! It's sad, but true. Sometimes the "baby" of the family gets special treatment by dad, even though he tends to instigate a lot.